Wednesday 27 August 2014

A New Beginning

So here we are, just 2 days away (less than 48 hours actually) from Main Camp, and I am finally getting down to entering the first of many entries into the new blog for this season.

For those of you who do not know, or did not remember, Jon Zacks has moved on from his post as the broadcaster of West Kelowna Warriors hockey, and a new face (mine) has entered the picture.

I am Kyle Anderson, a Sports Management Graduate from Vancouver Island University, who grew up in Vernon, BC until 2010 when I moved to Nanaimo to pursue my schooling. I have had the opportunity to call 1 season of Junior B Hockey down there, and a summer of calling Kelowna Falcons baseball. This opportunity is one that I am extremely excited for, and hope that I can bring the professionalism and passion that Jon brought nightly to the rink and bring you right into the action from wherever you are listening.

Junior Hockey has been a passion of mine since I was very young, growing up watching the exciting and talented teams that the Vernon Vipers put on the ice year after year (please, I beg you to not hold that against me - I'm all Warriors now.) Having the opportunity to work for the Nanaimo Clippers while I went to school in a Game Ops role as well as Public Address announcing, rekindled my love for this level, and I can't wait to follow my 4th straight season extremely closely.

This is the new blog of the West Kelowna Warriors, as we change over from "The Generals Report" to "Battle Cries" which I think embodies the motives of the Warriors organization. I hope that avid readers of Jon's blog come over to this one as I keep you up to date with all the happenings all season long.

If you wish to follow the Warriors on Social Media, make sure you check out the Facebook page, follow us on Twitter @BCHLWarriors, or follow myself @WestKVoice. I'll have updates from Main Camp, the exhibition season and much more as we progress through another journey.

That journey begins with a 9:45 practice Friday August 29th. Stay Tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment